The walks on this website follow quiet public roads, public rights of way, recognised permissive footpaths, and undefined routes across land designated as Access Land under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000.
Though Tatham Fells is for the most part a very quiet place, the area south of Lowgill is best avoided on Saturdays from October to January inclusive (and on other days during the festive period) when its peace is usually interrupted by the activities of men with shotguns killing animals for fun.
The maps with these walks are for orientation purposes only. You should use them in conjunction with either:
Ordnance Survey Explorer Sheet OL41 Forest of Bowland and Ribblesdale or
Harvey map of Bentham (does not cover the whole of Walk 10)
Tatham Fells Walks
1. Spen Gill & Park House – 4.7 or 5.8 miles
2. Ringstones & Bents – 4 miles
3. The Big Stone – 3.4 miles
4. Upper Croasdale – 4.3 miles
5. Ivah & Whitray – 5 miles
6. Botton Head – 4.5 miles
7. Helks & Lythe – 5.3 miles
8. Hindburndale & Summersgill – 5.6 miles
9. Burn Moor circular – 4 miles
10. Burn Moor & White Hill – 12.5 miles